Do you have a sharp pen? Is creating fresh online content your passion? The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies (HCSS) is offering a dynamic Communications & Events vacancy.
HCSS is looking for a Communications and Events Assistant
The HCSS communications department offers a challenging position at an independent thinktank, where you will work on topics such as geopolitics, international security, resource scarcity and climate security. You will actively contribute to developing and executing communication strategies for HCSS publications, events, videos and other products.
- Creating, planning and publishing content for our social media channels (including Twitter/X, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram);
- Updating and maintaining the HCSS website;
- Drafting promotional campaigns for all HCSS publications, projects and products;
- Proofreading articles, papers, columns and presentations;
- Writing of press briefings and creating newsletters;
- Media monitoring and assist with managing press contacts;
- Assist with television broadcasts from our Studio HCSS;
We are looking for creative and proactive individuals with a hands-on mentality. You will be guided by the Communications Officer and the Events Manager, but you will also get your fair share of responsibilities and freedom. We are an innovative company and therefore always open to new ideas.
At HCSS you will experience what it’s like to be part of a small team of professionals in a fast paced environment. Our small but dedicated Back Office jointly takes care of the day-to-day tasks including answering the telephone, maintaining the general info email, planning the management team’s calendar and conducting general office administration.
You will also:
- Help with organising complex trips, meetings and events;
- Organize and plan high-level events, such as seminars and roundtables, as well as online webinars and lectures and
- Serve as the point of contact for our system administrator;
- Proactively contribute ideas to improving procedures and working methods.
Candidates are/should have:
- An excellent verbal and written command of English; command of Dutch is highly desirable;
- In pursuit of a degree in journalism, communications, political science, international relations or similar;
- A proven interest in communication and PR, and affinity with geopolitics, defence and international security;
- Experience with social media planning tools and design programs such as MailChimp, Canva, InDesign and video editing software is highly desirable.
Apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com using “Communications & Events Vacancy” as the subject line:
- A CV, including references with contact details;
- A cover letter, indicating your availability;
- A recent written text (in English), such as news article or a short blog (max 1 A4);
- Any other examples of your creativity are always welcome!
The whole application should be written in English including the writing sample.
Please ensure that your application is complete before sending it in: HCSS only considers candidates that submit a complete application and fulfil all eligibility requirements. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Successful candidates are asked to provide a certificate of good conduct (‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’) by the Dutch Ministry of Justice.
The starting date is January 1st, 2024, but preferably earlier.
For more information please contact the PR & Communications Officer, at 070-318 4840 or firstname.lastname@example.org