On Tuesday, March 16, a special CSBA webinar on Maritime Competition and the Maritime Strategy took place. The webinar featured leading international security scholars, each of whom has published in a recent special issue of the journal Security Studies (Volume 29, Issue 4) and several companion pieces from the recent War On The Rocks series, Maritime Strategy on the Rocks.
The discussion was moderated by CSBA’s Director of Research and Studies, Evan Braden Montgomery (also an author in the collection), and included remarks by:
- Jonathan D. Caverley, U.S. Naval War College
- Fiona Cunningham, The George Washington University
- Peter Dombrowski, U.S. Naval War College
- Erik Gartzke, University of California, San Diego
- Paul van Hooft, Strategic Analyst at The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies
- Jon R. Lindsay, University of Toronto
- Sara McLaughlin Mitchell, University of Iowa
The recording of the webinar can be viewed here.