At the Urban Warfare conference hosted by NATO’s Headquarters Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (HQ ARRC) on November 3rd, HCSS Director of Research Dr. Tim Sweijs will chair the final round table on urban warfare.
The event will explore the salient features of contemporary Urban Warfare, with a particular focus on understanding this from a protection of civilians/human security perspective, relating these to the requirements of ARRC, both current and anticipated.
What will the battlescape of war in the city look like? What is the public security gap in military operations? What does urban warfare mean for the protection of civilians? And what does this mean for defense organizations, strategies, doctrines, capabilities and personnel)?
- Brig Chas Story (Chief ECMI)
- Prof Anthony King (Professor of War Studies at Warwick University)
- Brig Ben Barry (Rtd, IISS)
- Maj James Silson (SO2 CMI Ops)
- Col Guiseppe De Magistris (Director, NATO Stability Policing CoE)
- Col Rob Morris (HQ ARRC Provost Marshall)
- Lt Col Al Hill (UK Land Warfare Centre)
- Col Dair Gray (ARRC LEGAD)
- Ms Marla Keenan (Adjunct Senior Fellow, The Stimson Centre)