The Alphen Group (TAG) members Colin Robertson, Kate Hansen Bundt, Rob De Wijk, and John Allen join chair Julian Lindley-French to discuss the TAG Ukraine strategy and the support the West needs to provide Ukraine to win the war.
This podcast explores the content of a strategy written by The Alphen Group entitled “A Comprehensive Strategy to Secure Ukraine’s Future”
- Dr. Julian Lindley-French is a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI).
- Kate Hansen Bundt has been Secretary General of the Norwegian Atlantic Committee since 2010.
- Rob de Wijk is the founder and non-executive director of The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies (HCSS).
- Gen. John Allen, USMC (Ret.), a member of the Washington Institute’s Board of Advisors, is former commander of the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat and Senior Advisor to the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
TAG’s latest publication “A Comprehensive Strategy to Secure Ukraine’s Future” is Alphen Group’s latest working project, and has been prepared over several months with the support of experts from fifteen democracies, including Australia and Japan. Signatories, inter alia, include one former NATO Secretary-General, two Deputy Secretaries-General, three former NATO Deputy Supreme Allied Commanders, former ministers, several Chiefs of Defence Staff, and senior diplomats, as well as many subject matter experts all of whom are members of The Alphen Group. Our aim is simple: to secure a legitimate peace for Ukraine as quickly as possible and secure that peace going forward. This blog summarises the main points of the Strategy the TAG believes should be adopted now by the community of democracies (the West for the purposes of the Strategy) that form the coalition supporting Ukraine.