Critical raw materials are essential resources for the construction of technologies such as wind turbines, magnets, solar panels and batteries. This symposium covers the mineral and metal requirements, supply risks and impacts for renewable energy and storage technologies.
Programme starts at 14:00 on May 27th:
– History of the Mining and Geological Museum of Delft – Michael van der Meer
– Mining’s Role in the Transition to a Clean Energy Future – Prof. dr. Mike Buxton
– Securing Critical Materials for Critical Sectors – Irina Patrahau (HCSS)
– Panel discussion on ‘The Future of Mining Engineering in the Netherlands’ with Prof. dr. Timo Heimovaara (TUD CiTG), Dr Ton Bastein (TNO) & Dr. Georgette Boele (ABN AMRO)
– Premier of ‘Mijnbouwstraat 120’ a short historical documentary
Corona policy will not permit any participants to join the event live. Therefore we will live stream all talks and discussions. The streaming system will permit for interaction with the audience. After registration, you will receive a link to the event several days before the meeting. There is some consolation. KNGMG will organize with the Science Center a final farewell tour of the Mijnbouwstraat 120 on July 9, from 16.00 till 20.00; with drinks in the garden, weather and corona permitting.