Are you a social media whiz kid? Do you have a sharp pen? Is creating fresh online content your passion? The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies is offering a dynamic PR, Marketing and Communications internship.
The start date of the internship is Monday, February 14, 2022, for a duration of 6 months.
The HCSS PR, Marketing & Communications internship offers a challenging position at an independent thinktank, where you will work on topics such as geopolitics, international security, resource scarcity and climate security.
This is not your run-of-the-mill ‘get coffee and copy some papers’ internship: at HCSS you will experience what it’s like to be part of a small team of professionals in a fast paced environment. As the PR intern you actively contribute to developing and executing communication strategies for HCSS publications, events, podcasts and other products.
We are looking for creative and proactive personalities with a hands-on mentality; due to tight deadlines, the pace is often high. You will be guided by the Communications Officer and our analysts, but you will also get your fair share of responsibilities and freedom. We are an innovative company and therefore always open to new ideas.
- Creating and publishing content for our social media channels (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram);
- Updating and maintaining the HCSS website through our CMS (WordPress);
- Drafting PR campaigns for all HCSS research;
- Proofreading articles, papers, columns and presentations;
- Formatting publications into our housestyle;
- Writing of press briefings and creating newsletters;
- Media monitoring;
- Recording and editing video’s and podcasts in our brand-new Studio HCSS;
- Help with organizing and logistics of events, such as seminars, roundtables and expert meetings, and online webinars.
Candidates should have/are:
- An excellent verbal and written command of English;
- Fluency in Dutch is highly desirable; HCSS is an internationally oriented thinktank, however, much of our communication is still conducted in Dutch;
- In pursuit of a degree in journalism, communications, political science, international relations or similar;
- A proven interest in communication and PR.
Experience with social media planning tools and programs such as MailChimp, Canva and InDesign is highly desirable.
Candidates must be enrolled as a student during the entire duration of the internship. Without a proof of enrollment, valid for the entire duration of the internship, you are not eligible and your application will not be considered. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter. Interns should be able to commit to working 40 hours a week.
Successful candidates are asked to provide a certificate of good conduct (‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’) by the Dutch Ministry of Justice and proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship. Candidates residing outside of the Netherlands should provide a certificate from their country of residence.
Apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com using “PR Internship 2/2022” as the subject line, before January 31st:
- A CV, including references with contact details;
- A cover letter, indicating your availability;
- Proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship;
- A recent written text (in English), preferably a press release, news article or a short blog (max 1 A4);
- Any other examples of your creativity are always welcome.
The whole application should be written in English, including the writing sample.
Please ensure that your application is complete before sending it in: HCSS only considers candidates that submit a complete application and fulfill all eligibility requirements. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The HCSS internship program is paid.
In the interest of the successful candidate’s learning trajectory, the internship will be carried out at the HCSS office in the centre of The Hague, insofar as this is feasible given the current restrictions related to COVID-19. Potential working arrangements can be discussed during the interview process.
Please apply only if you are available for the above mentioned start date. HCSS recruits interns all year around; later start dates will be announced in due time.
For more information please contact the Communications Officer, at 070-318 4840 or firstname.lastname@example.org