Drs. R.V.M. (Renée) Jones-Bos serves on the Advisory Board of HCSS.
She served as Ambassador of the Netherlands to Russia from 2016 to 2019. Previously, Jones-Bos was Ambassador to the United States in Washington, D.C. (2007–2012) and Secretary-General at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague (2012–2016).
Jones-Bos possesses extensive experience in diplomacy, with postings in Moscow, USSR; Prague, Czech Republic; Dhaka, Bangladesh; Paramaribo, Suriname.
Until February 2022 she served as the Special Envoy Medical Isotopes to the Dutch Ministry of Health. From March 2022, she is a member of the commission of inquiry into the evacuation from Kabul.
As of January 2020 she also holds board positions at:
- Chair of the supervisory Board of Hermitage museum in Amsterdam
- Member of the Supervisory Board of Royal Boskalis Westminster
- Advisor Geopolitical affairs Rijk Zwaan company
- Chair of the Evaluation Commission on the “Law regarding Intelligence and Security services 2017”
- Member of the Board of the Foundation Otto von der Gablentz award
“In a relatively short time, HCSS has built up a solid reputation as a main source of knowledge and expertise in the Netherlands on foreign and security policy. I am really looking forward to being part of and contributing to HCSS from the perspective of a foreign policy practitioner.”
Note: the members of our Advisory Board are not HCSS-affiliated experts. We are therefore not able to assist with contact requests.