HCSS is looking for a new PR, Marketing and Communications intern, to start on Monday, August 2, 2021. An internship period of six months is highly preferred, although shorter periods can be discussed. The HCSS internship is paid.
The HCSS PR, Marketing & Communications internship offers a dynamic position in an international organization, where you will work on different topics such as global trends, international security, cyber security, resource scarcity and climate security.
This is not your run-of-the-mill ‘get coffee and copy some papers’ internship: at HCSS you will experience what it’s like to be part of a small team of professionals in a fast paced environment. As the PR intern you actively contribute to developing and executing communication strategies for HCSS activities, projects, publications and other products.
Responsibilities include, amongst others:
- creating and drafting social media content;
- updating and maintaining the social media channels (twitter, facebook, linkedin, instagram, etc);
- proofreading articles, papers, (powerpoint) presentations and reports
- formatting publications into our housestyle;
- drafting of press briefings and newsletters;
- supporting HCSS media monitoring;
- recording and editing video’s and podcasts;
- updating and maintaining the website through our CMS (WordPress);
- help with organizing and logistics of events, such as seminars, conferences, roundtables and expert meetings.
The deadline for applying is Friday the 16th of July 2021 (23:59); the start date of the internship is the 2nd of August 2021.
Candidates should have/are:
- an excellent verbal and written command of English; fluency in Dutch is highly desirable. HCSS is an internationally oriented thinktank, however, much of our communication is still conducted in Dutch;
- in pursuit of a degree in journalism, communications, political science, international relations or similar;
- a proven interest in the field of geopolitics and (international) security, and in communication and PR;
- experience with audio and video editing is highly desirable;
- experience with InDesign is highly desirable.
We are looking for creative and proactive personalities with a hands-on mentality; due to tight deadlines, the pace is often high. You will be guided by the Communications Officer and our analysts, but you will also get your fair share of responsibilities and freedom. We are an innovative company and therefore always open to new ideas.
- Candidates must be enrolled as a student during the entire duration of the internship. Without a proof of enrollment, valid for the entire duration of the internship, you are not eligible and your application will not be considered. Please indicate your availability in your cover letter.
- Interns should be able to commit to working 40 hours a week.
- Successful candidates are asked to provide a certificate of good conduct (‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’) by the Dutch Ministry of Justice and proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship. Candidates residing outside of the Netherlands should provide a certificate from their country of residence.
Apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com using “PR Internship 8/2021” as the subject line:
- A curriculum vitae, including references with contact details;
- A cover letter, indicating your availability;
- Proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship;
- A recent written text in English, preferably a press release, news article or a short blog (max 1 A4);
- Any other examples of your creativity are always welcome.
In the interest of the successful candidate’s learning trajectory, the internship will be carried out at the HCSS office in The Hague, insofar as this is feasible given the current travel restrictions related to COVID-19. Potential working arrangements can be discussed during the interview process.
For more information please contact the Communications Officer, at 070-318 4840